Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If someone buys a text link from my website, I add the nofollow tag so it has become a paid link. Sh

Administrator

Administrator
If someone buys a text link from my website, I add the nofollow tag so it has become a paid link. Should one do the same for banner images too?

Generally, speaking about banner ads, most of those are sold through d exchanges or several advertising networks, which will do block out bots. 

They do this because they do not want bots crawling their banner ads and messing with their impressions or clicks counts etc.

If you are using any standard advertising banner ad package, most probably, redirects will go through things that are blocked by robots.txt or which are not really crawlable search engines. One need not be worried about it.

If you sell a link directly and the only difference is one is an image versus one is a text link. If one paid for it specifically, then I would put a nofollow on the link. Even if it's an image link.

Mostly, Google handles the typical banner ad and such stuffs well. So they do not float page rank and things are handled accordingly. In this case too, one need not be worried about it. 

Top Bottom