Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will DiggBar create duplicate content issues?

Administrator

Administrator
Will DiggBar create duplicate content issues?

For example,

my site is example.com and now when you add digg.com before my site's address, digg.com/example.com, it is showing a page from Digg with my content exactly the same.

Actually, the answer is No. When Digg was originally launched, it could have created duplicate content issues. Actually, it could have even resulted in pages from Digg being removed from Google. 

But the Digg has made a lot of better alterations like a meta no-index tag. So, it means anything that's on Digg, which is one of the framed shortened URLs, will have a no-index tag. So it says Google not to index that page. Google does not show any reference to it in search results. 

For the fact, Google will see two copies, one with meta no-index tag, which means, Google will not show this one. And they should correctly assign all the page rank and other characteristics to the original content. 

DiggBar, when it was originally implemented, was a little bit cautious, but it has been adjusted and iterated quickly. They have made better changes so one should not have duplicate content issues. 

Most of the people think the DiggBar is rude, but when one puts on search engine policy hat, then there will be no violation of search engine quality guidelines. And it should not create duplicate content issues for the site.

Top Bottom